The P5 Software Suite
Data management at every step of the life cycle
What Archiware P5 Can Do for Your Data
- Protect data on all levels in ONE solution: Archive, Backup, Cloning/Replication
- Quick install + Easy to use
- Give access to all in the company to Backup + Archive
- Save time finding files with Archive as Single Source of truth
- Save money and storage by migrating file storage Archive
- Keep investment future proof and flexible: using disk, tape and cloud storage; OS and storage agnostic; many partners and integrations
How long can you be without your data?
Modules in the Archiware P5 Suite
Benefits of Archiware P5
- Easy operation with step-by-step introductions
- User friendly browser interface, available everywhere
- Runs on Mac, Windows, Linux, Synology, QNAP, NETGEAR
- Data safety across platform limits
- Fits into existing hardware environment
- Joint use of resources for several modules
- Supports RAID, SAN, XSAN, NAS and iSCSI storage
- Compatible with virtually any Tape Hardware (LTO-2 to LTO-8)
- Integrations with hardware and software partners
- Flexible, scalable license model
Why Choose Archiware P5?
One Suite - One User Concept
The browser based user interface of the P5 Suite ensures maximum user friendliness. The structure within the modules is the same, minimizing the familiarization period. When the software is first opened, a step-by-step introduction guides users through the creation of data security plans – so the first run can start within minutes. Through the web interface, P5 is available from anywhere, anytime.
One Software - All Platforms
P5 Software runs on Mac, Windows, Linux, Synology, FreeBSD, QNAP and NETGEAR. This secures your investments, as the software can be moved to a different server operating system at any point in time.
P5 is also platform neutral with regards to the storage used and therefore allows for e.g. the cloning from one OS to another or the restoration of files on a different platform than the one of the source (example: The P5 Archive server running on Linux archives files off Mac workstations). The important file properties such as access rights and extended attributes remain intact.
Your Installation - Your Resources
Thanks to the universal compatibility, the P5 Suite fits into your existing storage environment. Investments in specific hardware are not necessary.
Resources can be used for multiple modules simultaneously – e.g. one tape library for P5 Backup and P5 Archive. If required, resources may be re-allocated to adapt to altered circumstances – without the need for re-installation and with minimal administration efforts.
Archiware offers support by in-house experts. Support and Maintenance are free during the first 12 months. Find out more about Software Maintenance and Support.
One Manufacturer - Many Partners
In the P5 Suite, Archiware sets great store by compatibility with storage hardware. P5 Archive and P5 Backup can be used with tape hardware by any manufacturer on the market. All modules support file servers as well as Direct Attached Storage, SAN and NAS (more information on P5 and NAS), thus working with practically any type of disk storage.
On the software side, the P5 Suite has integrations with numerous partners, especially with Media Asset Management systems (MAM). A list of solutions with hardware and software partners can be found here.
Free Choice of Storage
Which storage fits best depends on your requirements, budget and strategy. Each of the available storage categories - disk, tape and cloud - have their own specific characteristics and strengths.
Archiware P5 is integrated with numerous disk, tape and cloud partners. P5 Backup as well as P5 Archive can use disk, tape and cloud storage to offer maximum flexibility.
Affordable Pricing Model - Starting at €700
Archiware P5 Suite pricing starts at €700 and has a flexible and scalable licensing model. With the help of the P5 Product Configurator, you can easily calculate the perfect license combination and price for your individual requirements.
You can find your local Archiware Reseller through our Reseller Search.
The P5 License Model
The P5 Suite is delivered as one package in a single installer that contains all modules, which are activated with a license key. This way, additional modules can by added at any point without the need for time-consuming installation. For P5 Backup and P5 Archive, the license model is based on the capacity of the tape or disk storage used as well as the number of LTO drives in libraries.
License packages reduce the initial investment. Prices for your installation can be calculated in our product configurator.
Archiware software is made in Germany. But since our customer base spans the entire globe, the P5 Software Suite is available in English, German, French and Japanese.
P5 Suite Download
Request a trial license within the software for a fully featured 30-day free test of all modules with your existing infrastructure.
Additional Archiware Products
Archiware Pure - Free VMware Backup
Innovative, secure and easy-to-use VMware backup for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Innovative - Efficient backup and restore through Changed-Block-Tracking (CBT) & Single-File-Restore
- Secure - Maximum file security on separate storage with fully automated backups, daily backup verifications & email reports
- Easy-to-Use - Optimized virtual environment protection within 5-minutes of installation & setup