Discontinuations in P5 Version 5.6 (October 4, 2018)
- Version 5.6 will not be available for Solaris or FreeBSD. Version 5.5 is the latest version supported for both platforms. P5 for Solaris and FreeBSD will enter maintenance mode* and no new features will be developed.
- P5 Backup2Go: Backup repository on file systems that do not support snapshots, such as Apple HFS+, Windows NTFS, Linux EXT*, UFS, enter maintenance mode*. Therefore, Backup2Go is no longer available on Mac and Windows.
- QuickTime support for Archive previews removed
- Support for PresSTORE 4 (P4) backup and archive indexes is discontinued in version P5 5.6 and later. Since the introduction of P5 (Q2/2013), the following options were available:
– Archive indexes: Could be converted to the new index format of P5
– Backup indexes: Were available for a limited period of time to allow to restore data
The support of older P4 indexes is discontinued in P5 5.6 and later.
P5 Version 5.5 (August 22, 2017)
- Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7 support
- Linux with Kernel versions older than 2.6.32
- Solaris SunOS 5.8/5.9 support
- Solaris 11+ Tape & Library support
- 32-Bit support
November 29, 2016
- WingFS/P5 Synchronize integration
October 21, 2016
- MediaLTFS - support continues until June 30, 2017
*All products in maintenance mode will be supported for an additional 2 years after discontinuation.
All announcements are subject to alterations.