Discontinuations in P5 Version 6.0 (January 28, 2020)
- Version 6.0 no longer supports the following:
– MacOS 10.8
– Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012R1
- Support for Linux versions before OpenSuSE 12.2/SLES 12, CentOS 7/RHEL 7/Fedora 19, Ubuntu 12, Debian 8 is discontinued
- Generic: discontinuation of Linux Versions with a glibc Version before 2.15
- There is no direct requirement for the Kernel version anymore
P5 Version 5.6 (October 4, 2018)
- Version 5.6 on Solaris will only be available as a client version. For those platforms, tape support is no longer included. P5 Version 5.5.6 is the last version offering a server version with tape support for both platforms.
- FreeBSD only available as a client version (P5 server on FreeBSD re-introduced in P5 version 6.0)
- P5 Backup2Go: Backup repository on file systems that do not support snapshots, such as Apple HFS+, Windows NTFS, Linux EXT*, UFS, enter maintenance mode*. Therefore, Backup2Go is no longer available on Mac and Windows.
- QuickTime support for Archive previews removed
- Support for PresSTORE 4 (P4) backup and archive indexes is discontinued in version P5 5.6 and later. Since the introduction of P5 (Q2/2013), the following options were available:
– Archive indexes: Could be converted to the new index format of P5
– Backup indexes: Were available for a limited period of time to allow to restore data
The support of older P4 indexes is discontinued in P5 5.6 and later.
P5 Version 5.5 (August 22, 2017)
- Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7 support
- Linux with Kernel versions older than 2.6.32
- Solaris SunOS 5.8/5.9 support
- Solaris 11+ Tape & Library support
- 32-Bit support
November 29, 2016
- WingFS/P5 Synchronize integration
October 21, 2016
- MediaLTFS - support continues until June 30, 2017
*All products in maintenance mode will be supported for an additional 2 years after discontinuation.
All announcements are subject to alterations.